Last year I wrote a post highlighting all of the interesting things I did during the year. It was very cathardic so I’m doing it again for 2017!
- February 3, 2017: Trip to New York
- February 17, 2017: Helped parents pack/move to Tampa
- March 6, 2017: Blog Post: Maintainable Servers
- March 27, 2017: Retitled vehicle into my name from parents
- April 9, 2017: Oversaw first production deployment using sql server data tools
- April 25, 2017: Started a 2x weekly cycle class. (continued through september)
- May 5, 2017: Visit parent’s new home in Tampa
- June 1, 2017: Launched the Orange Avenue Project
- July 8, 2017: Open sourced the WebApi2 Telegram Service
- July 12, 2017: Blog Post: My Software Stack 2017
- August 11, 2017: Started interviewing with HelloSign
- August 22, 2017: Started using a MacBook Pro full time for work. (My first Mac!)
- September 22, 2017: Ingress Anomaly in Washington DC
- October 10, 2017: Last day at Outsite Networks
- October 27, 2017: Sold my car & had moving boxes picked up by BusFreighter
- November 1, 2017: Moving flight to San Francisco, brought everything I needed for a month in a suitcase and also brought my cat
- November 13, 2017: First day at HelloSign
- November 27, 2017: BusFreighter boxes arrived
- December 1, 2017: Ingress Anomaly in San Francisco
- December 3, 2017: Holiday trip to Tampa to visit family
Overall 2017 has been a very social year. I didn’t do as much work and made a point of catching up with friends who I hadn’t seen in a while. Anything social besides multi-day trips are not listed here. It might be interesting to try to keep track of that next year a separate calendar for more analysis.
The biggest event of 2017 was my move to San Francisco. Leading up to that for several months was a lot of preparation. I knew roughly what I wanted to do as early as February, from that point on it was just figuring out how to make that happen. Hopefully 2018’s retrospective will validate my decision making in 2017. It’s been a busy year with a lot of changes that affected my career and personal life. For 2018 I dont have any big changes in mind, rather im going to focus on all of the little things.