Wow. It’s already been a year, it felt like a longer period of time in a shorter window of space. This year I adjusted to a new city and in a lot of ways a new life. I came at it with no specific goals so I can proudly say that I accomplished everything I set out to do. I’ve been unaccountable and it has been glorious.
I’ve excluded most social activities from this list because there were so many this year. I went to a bunch of musicals, the symphony, golden gate park several times, once for a reddit meetup and as many outings to Dolores Park. I went to the California Academy of Sciences, the Castro Theatre, and many nights at the Exploratorium. I became a regular at gaymer night, musical mondays, and beer.js. I hosted several gaming events at work to play civilization and went pumpkin picking in Half Moon bay. There were tons of shenanigans for pride, folsom, and halloween. I even went to napa 3 times. And those are just the things that didn’t make the list this year.
- January 13th, 2018: HelloSign 2018 New Years Kickoff.
- January 29th, 2018: Blog post: My Software Stack (2018) - Mac Edition!
- February 9th, 2018: Skiing in Tahoe.. and dislocated my shoulder.
- March 4th, 2018: Chinatown YMCA 40th Annual CCHP Chinese New Year Run 2018.
- April 24th, 2018: Blog post: Text expansion & clipboard management
- May 5th, 2018: Friends visited from Virginia.
- May 6th, 2018: Shot a commercial with HelloSign
- May 17th, 2018: Visited friends and colleagues in Virginia Beach for Revolution Conf
- June 2nd, 2018: Became a donor to Bay Area Musicals.
- June 23rd, 2018: First time @ SF Pride.
- June 30th, 2018: Got my Passport.
- July 6th, 2018: First trip to LA.
- July 22nd, 2018: HelloSign Summer Party & Hunchback of Notre Dame.\
- July 26th, 2018: Became an annual member at The Exploratorium
- July 29th, 2018: Blog post: What did I do yesterday?
- August 2nd, 2018: Sister visited.
- August 3rd, 2018: Whitewater rafting & camping.
- August 13th, 2018: Blog post: When did I stop side projects?
- September 2nd, 2018: Project post: Beach app
- September 29th, 2018: First time @ Folsom.
- October 7th, 2018: Castro Street Fair.
- October 12th, 2018: Trip to LA with several work friends.
- November 13th, 2018: One year at HelloSign.
- December 1st, 2018: Blog post: Stop clearing the cache
- December 7th, 2018: Visited Chicago for Santa Speedo Run.
- December 16th, 2018: Lake Merced Christmas Relays.
- December 31st, 2018: This post.
I can conclusively say that this has been a very good year.
I’m looking forward to 2019, although with some hesitation. This year was easy. 2019 is going to be slightly less comfortable. I’m going to push myself and that’s never easy. I’m working on improving some habits this year that I think I can improve on.
I have specific goals for 2019, here they are.
- Nurture the relationships I made in 2018.
- Make fitness a priority. 3-5 days a week exercising, up from 1-3.
- Release the beach app by August.
- Publish more to my blog. Weekly.
- Refresh the style of this blog.
- Read more non-fiction books. I have 2 in the queue and am looking for at least one more.
- Buy plants and don’t kill them.
- Travel more. More then 3 trips of a more then 2 days.